* indicates a required field.
Value: up to $5000
The Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Awards support eligible Science research higher degree (RHD) candidates during the preparation of journal articles or books based on the graduate research thesis submitted for examination.
Graduate research students in the Faculty of Science at the University of Melbourne are eligible to apply upon submission of their RHD thesis for examination.
• Eligible candidates must have submitted their thesis within THREE YEARS AND TEN MONTHS (FTE). Approved leave periods are not included in this.
• The awardee may not hold a similar award for the same purpose; awards cannot be deferred.
• Awardees should not undertake full-time or substantial regular part-time employment during the tenure of the award (more than 10 hours per week is considered ‘substantial regular parttime work’).
• The award does not assist students during the writing up of their thesis for submission.
• The candidature must not have been lapsed.
• Eligible international students must commit to spending at least 66% of their time in Melbourne during the writing up of articles and must ensure that their visa allows them to stay in the country – upon submission of their thesis they are an un-enrolled student. International students must also comply with any contractual obligations they may owe to an employer or sponsor, particularly those obligations relating to the period to be spent in their home country following completion of their studies. Students returning to their home country following submission of their thesis will not be eligible to apply unless they meet the requirements noted above (ie. 66% of their time in Melbourne).
Please note that as of April 2020, if you have had your submission delayed by the circumstances around COVID-19 and thus missed the 3 years and 10 month deadline, please outline the impact in your application and it will be considered.
As of April 2020, if you have had your submission delayed by the circumstances around COVID-19 and thus missed submission deadline, please outline the impact in your application and it will be considered.
Please attach below
Please note you may submit one or two manuscripts to be considered, however, the number of manuscripts may affect the amount awarded should the applicant be successful.
Supervisors are required to provide a detailed endorsement of the application and the nature of the work proposed by the applicant. The endorsement must justify the application and confirm that the applicant has proposed an achievable schedule for the production of papers and that these papers constitute a worthwhile contribution to the relevant area of study. Lack of appropriate supervisor endorsement will impact on the outcome of the application. (Max 200 words). Please note: Applications that do not include a written recommendation from a supervisor will not be considered.
Applicants should note that, where relevant, the following headings should be included in the accompanying CV. Where appropriate, all details should be provided in chronological order commencing with the most recent entry.
Published works organised in the following categories. Please indicate your contribution to the published work and the ranking of the publication within the discipline. Please do not list works submitted, under review or in preparation.
Now that you have finished your application, please make sure you press the SUBMIT button below.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact: email@example.com
We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated.
Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352) | International: +61 3 9035 5511
The University of Melbourne ABN: 84 002 705 224
CRICOS Provider Code: 00116K (visa information)